OK quick note, Netbeans is an awesome IDE. Love the debugging options an set to xdebug default options. So it just works when running Linux PHP Xdebug. Was a life changer when someone showed me how about six months ago.
So apart from needing to redesign/rebuild my site, I really need to start writing more about my experiments. More for my own record than a public one.
Nice little laravel clone function. Extending the base elquent model for your self is generally best practice.
I found this nifty method for saving out bitmap data from flash. It works a lot faster than using PNGEncoder and JPEGEncoder, this is obvious because no image encoding takes place, just the extraction of bytes. The down side is the filesize is a lot bigger being an uncompressed format uncompress. After testing it out I actually went back to PNGEncoder, becuase the application I'm building requires a lot of images. The disk space and load time trumps write speed.
Some notes about using sprites from Flash Professional in Flash Builder.
I've been building a component for Joomla 1.5 and I really wanted to use Jquery in the admin over Mootools. Unfortunately Googling for this answer is tricky as so many people are posting examples how to remove Joomla js from their frontend template. The following is very 'hacky' but if you're feed up with the Joomla API and want to throw together a component, without mootools, it's useful. It stops the need to export jQuery into a different name space, therefore breaking 3rd party jQuery plugins.
Quick update and interesting note. I've been blogging about AIR and SQLite databases, and recently I've had to put together an analytics tracking library for AIR (currently Google Analytics only supports Flex apps, it needs the DOM to function).
Over the weekend I had to put together a small Flex project to illustrate data in a pie graph. Also the data had to read in terms of its placement 1st 2d 3rd or 4th. While there are Flex validators for these types of things I prefer to write in Actionscript. I find it easier to follow and easily reusable in other non Flex projects.
Interesting quirk about SQLite table PRIMARY KEY's. I've been using ID as my table KEY name, a habbit adobted from MySQL. And in recent SQLite development I've been using
OK leading on from the previous post, here's a solution for the INSERT or UPDATE if row exists which seems like a very common question in forums.